PestPac Release Schedule:
The PestPac Release schedule is as follows:
- Bug fixes every 2 weeks
- Feature releases every 2 weeks
Review the Release Notes to learn more for each release.
PCI and SOC-1 Compliance
SOC-1 (System and Organization Controls Report) is an industry standard report on the controls in place at a service organization which are relevant to internal control over systems that support financial reporting. The report assesses the controls WorkWave has in place to control the integrity of PestPac, a system which includes significant financial reporting features and capabilities.
Our larger customers rely on WorkWave’s guarantee of effective controls through SOC-1 certification so they can be sure that the financial data that feeds into the financial reports they produce as a publicly traded company are accurate, free from error due to malicious activity within the PestPac production environment and are reliable due to effective change management and user access control procedures.
Additionally, If your company stores, processes, or transmits credit card data, you are required to be Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant.
More information about SOC-1 is available on the SSAE-16 website, and information on PCI is available on the PCI Security Standards website.
PestPac has made updates to comply with these guidelines:
- Account Lockout: Login security has been enhanced for Mobile 3. If an account has 5 failed login attempts the user will be given a forced 15 minute cool off where they will be unable to attempt anymore logins. Users who hit the 5 attempt cap can either wait 15 minutes or complete the reset password process to gain additional login attempts. Messages will display on screen for login attempts and cool off time.
- Security Settings: Enhanced security settings allow admins to:
- Enforce password behavior, including password lockouts and expiration.
- Set the number of failed attempts before logout and the amount of time needed between attempts.
- Set the length of time before an inactive user is logged out.
- Reset all settings to defaults.
Supported Browsers, OS, and Devices:
Important Note: Effective with the June 5, 2019 PestPac Release, Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE), will no longer support new RouteOp functionality. Users using IE will need to switch to one of our supported browsers, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
This change is necessary to align with Microsoft’s announcement that they will no longer update IE to keep it compatible with new web standards.
Additionally, IE will no longer be compatible with future releases of PestPac. Users using IE will need to switch to one of our supported browsers, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
As PestPac software continues to evolve and become more secure, we will continue to update our recommended browsers, OS and mobile devices.
Desktop Supported Browsers:
- Latest Chrome (Windows and Mac)
- Latest Firefox (Windows and Mac)
- Latest Safari (Mac only)
- Latest Edge (Windows)
- iOS 11 & above
- Android 8.0 & above
PestPac Mobile App - Recommended Mobile Phones:
- iPhone 8 & 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS & XS Max
- iPhone XR
- Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S10 & S10 Plus
- Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel 3
In order to adhere to PCI and SOC compliance standards, the following products have reached their end-of-life and have been transitioned.
- Classic Mobile transitioned to Mobile 3
- Mobile 2 transitioned to Mobile 3
- Customer Account Access transitioned to CustomerConnect
- Premier Portal transitioned to CustomerConnect
- Sales Assistant v1 transitioned to Online Sales